Monday, February 2, 2015

Tasting - Picket Fence Alexander Valley Cabernet Sauvignon

Name: Picket Fence Alexander Valley
Variety: Cabernet Sauvignon
Region: California
Country: USA
Year: 2012
Price: $16.95

Store review: Classic Sonoma Cabernet characteristics of cassis, green olive and hints of chocolate. French oak aging contributes vanilla, clove and hazelnut aromas which create a unique foil for the robust blackberry and raspberry fruit flavors leading to a round, flavorful finish. Pair with aged and semi-hard cheeses, or try lamb with a dry rub of rosemary, shallots and fruity olive oil.

My review: This is the third wine I had from Picket Fence and so far I really enjoy their wines. This was a good red wine with a full body. I think my palette needs some more development before I really start to enjoy these darker red wines. They are a little too much for me right now. I would like to try it with some of the suggested pairings.

I tasted this on its own with no food.

No comments:

Post a Comment